Let's chat.

Let's chat.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Read Forever

Have you seen this Nook ad?

I rarely watch television, but I happened to turn it on today just as this commercial aired. I confess it made me misty.

Whether you love print books or you read with a Kindle, an iPad or a Nook, the sentiment is identifiable for any reader.

11 comments:

  1. I recently got a Nook, and have actually since read books on it that I wouldn't have read without it. They get my vote ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it perfect, Linda? I just love how it celebrates reading in any form.

    Joanne, I never would have guessed how quickly I've adapted to reading on my nook. I'll admit to loving the instant gratification of downloading a book I want to read. I also love the opportunity to sample. There will always be books I want to keep, but my nook also saves me many piles of paperbacks that I'm only going to read once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't jumped into the digital age yet. Maybe once my tbr pile has whittled down.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read more books, and more quickly on my Nook. I also read a lot of books I wouldn't have otherwise (for example, the Carina Press books that are in eFormat only -- because reading on my computer hurts my eyes, and the Nook doesn't).

    It's a great commercial. I hadn't seen it, but yeah ... got a little choked up. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not have a nook, nor had I seen this. But I got teary as I watched. I just love the written word. It is so powerful and beautiful. Thank you for sharing this!

    Be Blessed.
    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books and ebooks. Though I still have a softer spot for the actual pages and the tree smell. This ad is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary!!!! CONGRATS on your final!!!! I had no clue Mary Curry was you! In fact, I saw your comment on my blog and still didn't get it. LOL Not until I saw your comment over at Pepper's did I slap my forehead. LOL
    HUGE congrats to you and best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary,
    Let me join in with Jessica to announce my congrats! AND you're an educator too? Awesome! Go teachers!!!!!
    Isn't it great that the three of us can cheer each other on. And I agree with you Mary, I already feel like a winner. Completely blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apologies to Cozy, Marianne, Tiffany and Shopgirl. We've been doing state testing the past two weeks and I don't know who's more drained - the students or the teachers. I've been delinquent about posting here because I've been so tired.

    Hi to Jessica and Pepper. It's so cool to be a finalist with you two! I'll be thrilled no matter whose name they announce. I'm just grateful for the opportunity to meet you, Pepper, and to get to know Jessica better. I'm still waiting to wake up and find it's May 12th and I imagined it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter and I LOVE that add. It's so catchy and sentimental. I miss bookstores. Must visit one soon. But I love my ipad.

    ReplyDelete