Let's chat.

Let's chat.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year and A Writer's Oath

I start off every year with my class reading to them from Gail Carson Levine's wonderful book Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly. On page 6 there is a writer's oath. My students take it every year but I thought it might be a wonderful reaffirmation to my writing self on this first day of a new year.


If you happen to be stopping by today, I invite you to take the oath with me.

I offer good wishes for your best ever year of writing. Here's hoping for many wonderful celebrations ahead.

4 comments:

  1. It's a good oath. I'll join you.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! A lovely, simple oath that all writers should commit to.
    All the best to you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous oath... count me in on it :-)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered this book a few months ago and love it! Great way to start the year with your kids!

    ReplyDelete