Do you prefer these storms hit during school breaks so you don't have to make up days or would you rather they come when school's in and give you an expected day off?
Good question. We have a couple of snow days built into the school year so we don't have to make them up unless it gets to be more than that. There's definitely nothing quite like the excitement of a snow day - guess that's still the kid in me. Still, it was good to know I din't have to go anywhere today. I felt guilty though because my poor daughter had to trudge to work at 6am because Starbucks was going to be open. It was only a block, but walking a block in 20+ inches of unplowed, unshovelled snow was pretty bad.
Belated Merry Christmas to you too. Sorry I've been out of touch so long.
I'm sure all you northern folks must enjoy us making such a fuss, but this one seriously did paralyze the city. My neighborhood still hasn't seen a plow and that's really unusual.
Hope you're "weathering" the storm okay.
ReplyDeleteDo you prefer these storms hit during school breaks so you don't have to make up days or would you rather they come when school's in and give you an expected day off?
By the way - Merry Christmas, a couple days late.
Hi Linda,
ReplyDeleteGood question. We have a couple of snow days built into the school year so we don't have to make them up unless it gets to be more than that. There's definitely nothing quite like the excitement of a snow day - guess that's still the kid in me. Still, it was good to know I din't have to go anywhere today. I felt guilty though because my poor daughter had to trudge to work at 6am because Starbucks was going to be open. It was only a block, but walking a block in 20+ inches of unplowed, unshovelled snow was pretty bad.
Belated Merry Christmas to you too. Sorry I've been out of touch so long.
That's just a bit of snow. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure all you northern folks must enjoy us making such a fuss, but this one seriously did paralyze the city. My neighborhood still hasn't seen a plow and that's really unusual.
ReplyDelete