A week or more ago we were talking about all the people heading off to various conferences and what it felt like to be the ones left at home.
Well this week, all that changed. If you haven't discovered it yet, head on over to WriteonCon, an awesome online FREE conference. The conference is aimed at writers for the Kidlit market but the advice being offered is applicable across genres and the entire idea is extremely cool.
For example, if you're in need of motivation or validation, try this presentation by HarperCollins editor Molly O'Neill - Give Yourself Permission
Last night I participated in/really just observed an online video chat with agent/former editor Mark McVeigh - Working with Agents and Editors
Today there is a workshop on Plot and Pacing that I'm looking forward to spending time on.
There are also upcoming live video chats on querying, building an online presence and the revision process from both the author and editor perspective.
Be sure to check out the schedule of events. It's mind-boggling.
The conference actually started on Tuesday but almost all of the sessions are available as blogs or transcripts on the site.
Huge KUDOS to the organizers of this event. It's absolutely amazing.
Glad you're enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the lead, Mary.
ReplyDeleteThis event is HUGE and I heart all the people who have put it together. Can't wait to hang out there all day.
ReplyDeleteHi Mary. I'm participating in Writeoncon this year because I heard about it from Julie. Both of you are right; it's AMAZING! Love it so much.
ReplyDeleteHappy writing,
LReneeS
P.S. Would you mind following me on my blog? Thanks
It's been AWESOME! I still can't believe what the organizers have accomplished. I'm so thankful!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, Mary. I've seen the hash tags on Twitter, but hadn't checked it out. What a great event.
ReplyDelete