I had a totally bizarre dream last night. A nightmare really. I don't remember the dream much at all except for being chased by some terrifying entity. I do remember waking up with a pounding heart right before the really horrible thing - whatever it was - was about to happen.
And I remember that my first thought was, I'll never write horror novels. How can people write horror if this is where their minds go when they're doing it? Seems I can't escape the need to write even when I'm sleeping.
My eldest is taking her second driving lesson today - a mother kind of nightmare. I know it's a normal rite of passage but driving lessons in a big city are way different than the kind of suburban driving I learned. I'm sure she'll do fine, but thank God for dual-controlled cars!
I wonder if that's why you had that dream, because your daughter is driving! I can't believe WANTING to drive in NYC.
ReplyDeleteI remember learning that whenever our children enter a new phase of life, we have these kind of dreams. When my DD entered Kindergarten and Middle School, I had horrible dreams about her loss -- too detailed to go into here--and they directly coincided with my own sense of loss; loss of my baby, loss of my child... they grow only too quickly. If I could bottle her and keep her from harm... but that is not the way of the world... we're supposed to trust despite all the horrors out there...
ReplyDelete