Let's chat.

Let's chat.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

D.E.A.R. DAY




Did you know today is Drop Everything and Read Day?

If ever there was a day made for me, this is it!




So for today, let's talk books. If you have the chance to drop everything and read today, what will you be reading?


I want to tell about the terrific book I'm reading, but it's a CAROL book (ACFW's contest for published writers) so I can't name it. I will mention another book I'm reading - The Wounded Healer by Henri J. M. Nouwen. From the back cover -
In this hope-filled and profoundly simple book, Henri Nouwen offers a radically fresh interpretation of how we can best serve others.




So, if you have a minute, please mention what you're reading.  My TBR piles are towering but that's never stopped me from buying more books!



ETA: I thought the bookends above were perfect for today! They're made by Cubo3.

7 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - I was playing with the new blogger template and lost the comments section. Found it!

    Apologies to anyone who tried to comment earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of D.E.A.R. Day. Unfortunately, the reality is I *can't* drop everything today, but I will still find some reading time (probably while eating lunch). Today's mail has just brought me a book I won during 'March Madness' and I'm anxious to get into it: UNRAVELING ISOBEL by Eileen Cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love any day that brings a new book in the mail, Carol! I hope you get some time to read it today. I'm lucky that I'm off this week so I do get a chance to drop everything and read (or write).

      Delete
  3. I have Mia Downing's newest that I'm beta reading. HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading and enjoying Sweeter than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliott. I do love a good inspirational historical romance, and this one is. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keli, I have Rosslyn's book in my TBR pile. Ah, that so many books image is haunting me. I have this week off and I should be revising but all I want to do is read.

      Delete