You know how once in a while you do something and then want to smack yourself?
Or is that just me?
I had one of those moments this week.
I was washing my winter coat. No big deal; I do it all the time.
But when I started up the dryer, I heard a strange thumping noise.
Hmmmm. There shouldn't have been anything in there that would thump, so I stopped the dryer and pulled out the coat, and there, in an inner pocket, I found -
I tried drying it out in a bag of rice,
but it was gone.
My only consolation is that
a) It was free. I got it as a bonus with my iMac purchase several years ago.
b) it was on its last legs anyway; and
c) I hadn't yet decided what to do with my Christmas money from my mother.
So a brand shiny new iPod is on it's way to me. It will do many things my older one never could. But I'll miss this iTouch. It was my very first eReader and my companion on many a subway ride. It's an inanimate object, but its demise makes me sad. Probably because I caused it with my own stupidity.
RIP iPod.
Make me feel better. Have you ever done anything this dumb?
Awww, poor iPod. Hugs, Mary! I've had two kids' iPods end up going through the wash and one phone, but all of them survived the journey. And I can't count all the tubes of Blistex that died after a trip through the washer and dryer. And pens. Ugh, if I had a dollar for every pen that destroyed loads of laundry. No matter how well I searched my boys clothes, stuff slipped through.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed they survived, Shelisa. I've had phones survive quick dips in water so I had hopes for this, but no such luck.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter claims her Blistex always survives the wash, but if it goes into the dryer it melts and vanishes. She figures her clothes must have a coating of it.
I tend to keep my iPod in a zipped inside pocket of my coat so now I'm paranoid I'll do this again. Ack!
Last summer I had my grandkids at the pool when one of my grandson's friends suddenly jumped out of the water like a shark had bitten him. Yup - he just realized he had his smartphone in the swimsuit pocket. One of the disadvantages of the baggy swimsuit style. Glad this wasn't oo bad a crisis for you.
ReplyDeleteHow frustrating. I left my paycheck in my pocket a few weeks ago. It looked like something the cat had thrown up!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnn