Let's chat.

Let's chat.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

I read an inspiring reflection this morning.*

Yes, there is much suffering in the Passion of Jesus - repeated beatings, the crowning of thorns, the carrying of the cross, the pounding of the nails in his flesh,  the hanging on the cross. But most of all there is much love. Instead of merely feeling sorry for Jesus, let us accept the challenge to follow his way of loving - a way that inevitably includes the cross. Then we will have yet another reason to call today Good Friday.
Jesus, I thank you for your great love. Help me to imitate your selfless way of loving - even when it includes the cross.

I leave you with these two videos of songs by Matt Maher. His music does things to my heart.







*From Toward Glory - Lent in the light of Easter
Sister Melanie Svoboda, S.N.D

1 comment:

  1. Those were beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Wishing you a blessed and joyous Easter.

    ReplyDelete