Let's chat.

Let's chat.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

RWA National Conference

The RWA National Conference is always inspiring, but this year I'm finding it even more inspiring because I'm not there.

A few years back - when I really wasn't writing much - I made a vow to myself that I wouldn't go back to National until I had something sold (preferable) or at least ready to sell (realistic).

That vow was nice on my wallet but it didn't do much for getting me back to writing. So, here I am, too many years later, still not attending.

But this week I signed up for Twitter and a funny thing happened. With all the tweets and blogs from DC, I feel like I know more about what's going on at this conference than I ever did at the ones I went to. Via twitter, I can be in lots of places at once! I've gone to lunch with all sorts or people I don't know - everything from Lebanese food to pizza to sandwiches. I've vicariously attended the huge literacy booksigning. I didn't buy any books there, but I did make a stop at Barnes and Noble today for Toni Blake's book because I read about it on someone's blog today. I've seen the Hot Sheet rehashed, heard about the Golden Network retreat's editor panel, and seen lots of pictures.
I also learned that following everyone else on their RWA journey is exhausting!

But there's one more thing - the best of all!

I've been writing. Turns out that all this vicarious conferencing is very inspirational! I got more words done today than I have in the past few months combined. And it's only the first day of conference!

Bring on Day 2!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. I agree- I've been watching RWA09 from twitter and it has been fun and inspiring!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete